Saturday

There is plenty of time to sleep in Australia......

This has been my motto since arriving in the UK - sleep is overrated and make the most of every opportunity and minute. Lots of late nights, early starts, jam packed days and nights and many memories. I am starting to feel a little exhausted though, a day of sleep would be fantastic, even a little 'sleep in' or a full nights sleep would be handy! When I wonder why I am feeling so tired, I guess it has been a pretty full on in the last 12 months.... Lifestyle/health transformation, said goodbye to my school of four years, part of the team opening up our great school in February, biggest year of Agfest preparations/responsibilities to date, the actual days of Agfest and then jumped on a plane to the UK! It has been so fantastic but 10 hours sleep would be really nice:) Oh well, you only live once....

Anyways I haven't managed to do a update lately so I better get onto it! Sooo much has happened lately:) After leaving Clitheroe, I travelled down to London on the trains (great train system here, even with two heavy bags) and meet my baby sis, Tara and mum and dad at Stanstead airport, London. It was so nice to see them and spent the weekend meeting cousins I have never met before. Tara and I went into downtown London on the Saturday night, as you do:) We caught the underground to Piccadilly Circus and as we were walking up to the street Tara said 'be ready for this'. I didn't pay much attention as I was too busy talking :), I just didn't comprehend how busy London was and how much atmosphere there was! I was like a possum stuck in headlights when I walked up those stairs, Tara looked at me and 'I told you so'. We had the best night walking around, we went to Trafalgar Square, St Paul's Cathedral where Mum and Dad got married and Buckingham Palace - the Queen was home!!! We then caught the last underground home,it was so busy being a sat night, there were so many different sorts of people (great people watching!). Loved London, I'm going back there before I fly out.

the next week was spent in Shropshire, staying mainly with the Davies family who live on a dairy farm near Shrewsbury. Such a lovely family and the sons, Ben and Tim, took me to a waterfall, canoeing, nightclubbing and to some Young Farmer Events. On the last day before leaving, we went to a pre-rally day (bit like our young farmer competition) where we entered the tug of war competition. Tug of war is really serious business here - they train for it, wear weight belts and special shoes. You all have to be officially 'weighed in' which involves the whole team standing on a weighing plate and getting stamped saying you are under a certain weight. Anyway we were 63 kgs under so I thought we had no chance.BUT we came second,against the top side! It was really fun, think we need to start it in Tassie! I will post these photos later.

Anyway, Shropshire was really fun, great people, great times! Next stop, train to Edinburgh....





















No comments:

Post a Comment